LOADING

Type to search

Community Featured

Meet Amanda Darby ’23

Share

“Hi. My name is Amanda Darby and I’m from Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. I’m a double major in marine and environmental science with a minor in sustainability studies. Something new students should not be worried about is finding people with similar interests. Getting involved on campus is the best way to meet people who love doing the same things as you!”

Before coming to SJC I was anxious about missing home. Spending time with my teammates and other friends helped me to not miss home as much! It only took me a couple weeks into the semester to feel settled. I’ve been extremely lucky to not have many difficulties throughout my time at SJC, but I know plenty of people who have. I know a lot of people use the counseling center as a resource. I would feel completely comfortable going there to talk with someone if I was struggling! Some of the best days I’ve had at SJC are game days! Not just my game days, but whenever there is a game happening on campus. It’s always so much fun to go with your friends and cheer on other teams!

Previous Article
Next Article