LOADING

Type to search

Community Campus Life Featured

Know Before You Go! Healthy Students Mean Happy Students

Share

The Health Center at Saint Joe’s may be small, but it is mighty.

This department consists of four individuals who collectively hold over 60 years of SJC history. The bottom line, your health is in very good hands. Whether it’s a global pandemic, or your average flu season, students receive compassionate care right here on campus.

Q & A with the Health & Wellness Center

What made you want to become a healthcare professional?
I wanted to become a nurse from as far back as 4th grade. My dad worked at a nursing home at the time and I would go to work with him often. I loved spending time with the elderly patients and from that point I knew I wanted to care for others.

What is the busiest time of year for your department?
Of course with COVID last year, the entire year was extremely busy. In a normal Non-COVID year, the fall can be very busy. We spend a lot of our time getting the athletes ready to participate in their respective sports as well as getting the nursing students ready for clinical.

What’s a fun fact about you and/or your department?
I think a fun fact about our department is that it consists of 4 individuals and collectively we have over 60 years of SJC history.

How can students prioritize their health while in college?
Students can prioritize their health by staying true to themselves, surrounding themselves with positive individuals, healthy sleep habits, get involved in something, and daily exercise.