Recipe of the Month
Huevos Rancheros With Fresh Salsa
Nonstick cooking spray
4 egg whites
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
4 Tbsp. shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
2 cups fresh salsa
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Lightly brush tortillas with oil on both sides and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for five to 10 minutes or until tortillas are crisp on the edges and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat.
- Drop four egg whites into a skillet. Then, break whole eggs over whites to make four separate servings.
- Cook for two to three minutes per side until eggs are cooked.
- Place one egg on each tortilla shell and top each with 1 Tbsp. cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about two minutes until cheese melts.
- Spoon½ cup fresh salsa around the edge of each shell.
Nutritional information for 1 serving
Total fat 10 g
Saturated fat 3 g
Cholesterol 193 mg
Sodium 713 mg
Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary fiber 3 g
Total sugars 3 g
Added sugars O g
included Protein 14 g
Source: MyPlate Design © 2022 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.