In an effort to maintain consistent use of Main accounts a common vocabulary has been created. Some new and newly defined accounts are described:
Contracted services include services with specified terms. The work/task is delivered under our direction.
- 7000 Administrative – ADP, Campus Partners
- 7001 Temporary/nonemployee
- 7002 Creative –Entertainers, photographers, graphic designers, writers, editors
- 7003 Sports – Officials, referees, trainers
- 7004 Custodial
- 7006 Grounds maintenance
- 7007 Building/Equip maintenance
Provide expert advice in a particular area. A consultant is usually a professional in a specific field, having a wide knowledge of the subject matter. Analysis or advice is delivered.
- 7020 Legal services
- 7021 Audit & Accounting services
- 7022 Employee Recruiting services
- 7023 Construction – Engineers, Architects – minor, noncapital projects
- 7024 Research/Strategic – Use various statistical technics to deliver data and a plan of action. Includes market research, econometric modeling, forecast analysis.
Technology, Communication & Information
- 7420 SW purchases minor – Software purchases less than $5,000. Site licenses, Apps.
- 7421 Licensed Software Services – Term-specific agreements to use software and applications. Agreements may include licensing, support and maintenance. Content Management systems, Turnitin, Bright Space.
- 7422 Hosting Fees – WEB hosting fees
- 7423 HW/Equipment Maintenance Contracts – Service agreements for owned Hardware and Equipment
- 7424 SW Maintenance Contracts – Maintenance, support and possibly re-licensing of owned Software. Cost is generally 15% – 18% of purchased price.
- 7430 E-Subscriptions Databases – Term-specific agreements granting electronic access to collections of information.
- 7431 E-Subscriptions Periodicals – Term-specific agreements granting electronic access to individual resources.
- 7432 E-Purchased Resource Materials – Streamed items, e-books
- 7433 Print-Resource Materials – Tangibles, books, DVD’s, text.
- 7434 Print-Subscriptions/Periodicals – Term specific agreements to receive printed materials. Magazines, journals, newspapers.
Marketing and Promotional
- 7501 Advertising – Traditional advertising, print, radio, TV and banners.
- 7502 Digital Marketing – Delivered through an electronic device. WEB marketing.
- 7503 Promotional Items – Display our name or logo. Includes gifts such as plaques, USB, calendars, wearable items, hats and shirts. Excludes uniforms required for security, café, and housing keeping.
- 7504 Promotional Events
- 7505 Lists – Purchased or rented lists. Access to data for promotional or enrollment services.
Other Operating Expenses
- 7300 Equipment Purchases minor – Individual durable items purchased at less than $5,000.
- 7301 Furniture & Fixtures minor – Non consumable office items purchased at less than $5,000.
- 7601 Ground Transportation – Car rental, hired buses, taxis, gas and tolls.
- 7620 Conference/Tradeshow Registration
- 7621 Training and Development – Specific training that does not involve a conference. Generally requires only local travel.
- 7711 Rental Equipment – Tents, tables, Pods, etc.
- 7712 Rental Facilities – Rented space for athletics and other events.
- 7710 Operating Leases Equipment – Term specific. Pitney, IBM.
- 7740 Membership & Dues – Belonging to a group, entitles benefits or privileges. NACUBO, CUPA-HR, AACN, etc.
- 7751 Fees, License, Permits – Documents that grant permission for a particular period of time or regulatory fees related to usage. Auto registration, liquor licenses, copyright fees, etc.
Policy Review completed 7-2018.