Resumes, Cover Letters, and LinkedIn
The Career Studio can assist you in creating your professional resume, writing a cover letter, and putting your LinkedIn profile together. Contact us for assistance and click on the links below for more information.
Resume and Cover Letter Information and Templates
The Career Studio staff can assist you in preparing for an interview by helping you create an “Elevator Speech,” conducting a mock interview to help you practice, and offering guidance on what to expect, what to do, and what not to do. Contact us for more information.
Interview Preparation Tips:
Useful Resources for Job Searches
Maine Association of Nonprofits: https://www.nonprofitmaine.org/
- Every state has its own site, a simple google search will help you find them
State of Maine Jobs: https://www.maine.gov/bhr/state-jobs
- Opportunities are categorized by department, be sure to check multiple departments
- Each state has its own, similar job board
Federal Jobs (US Government): https://www.usajobs.gov/
- A great resource for job and volunteer opportunities
Serving Schools: https://www.servingschools.com/
- Create a professional profile, add your resume, link to organizations and
individuals of interest, and search for job opportunities
- Schedule an appointment with an Academic & Career Coach for a LinkedIn review
The Career Studio staff can assist you in creating your professional LinkedIn profile, which is used by almost 90% of recruiters today. Contact us for more information.
Networking is a very important part of any job search, and is simply the process of expanding your circle of contacts for the purpose of achieving more than you could on your own. The more quality people you know, the better your chances of broadening your world and bettering your opportunities.